Gates has been on the go since about the time she turned four months old. And, this weekend's portrait session was no different. Gates had little interest in playing in front of the camera, wanting to check out the camera itself instead.
With cubes' help, I got two shots I really liked that show how much Gates has changed over the past few months. (Additional photos from the session can be found on Flickr.)
Which portrait do you like better?
In case you missed it, I shared how Gates celebrated her first birthday last week: among friends and family at our flat and enjoying her first Michelin star dining experience at Luce.
Here are highlights of what Gates has been up to from my mom's notes:
- March 7, 2013: "Worked at feeding self. Good work putting some in mouth!"
- March 11, 2013: "During water playtime, helps put toys in tub and later put them away!"
- March 14, 2013: "Took washcloth & "washed" hair and face with water!"
- March 19, 2013: "At lunchtime, Gates went to kitchen sliding door, knocked and smacked her lips in her eating sound. [Grandma] asked her if she wanted to eat [and she responded] 'Da!'"
- March 21, 2013: "Reads and talks about books she picks out. A half hour to forty five minutes in morning and again in afternoon!"
- March 26, 2013: "Loves to splash and play with her toys [during water time]."
- March 28, 2013: "Washed self and toys. Splashed and sang."
- March 29, 2013: During water time, "'shows off' for Auntie!" Loves to read (over 30 books in a 4 hour period)!
As evidenced by her recent Michelin star dining excursion, Gates continues trying new foods, including Brussels sprouts, Diver scallops, Sole, Ravioli, and blood oranges, along with her regular fare:
- Minced deli cuts: ham and turkey.
- Broccoli, carrots, peas, potatoes (Yukon Gold, Red, and others), and squash.
- Bananas and pears.
- Wheat toast, potato bread, French bread, egg bagel, tortillas, and rice.
- Apple/apricot sauce.
- Cream of rice cereal and oatmeal.
- Vegetable soup.
- Scrambled eggs and bacon.