Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Details to Love: Brogueing

Ever wonder what something on a shoe is called? I do. Recently I discovered that all of my favorite shoes (and most of my recent purchases) have small punches for embellishment. I wondered if there was a technical term for this. There is: brogueing.

Details to Love: Brogueing

Brogueing: A term that refers to the perforations or small punches that can be used to decorate a shoe.
- Source: On the Fly's Glossary of Shoe Terms

What's your favorite detail on shoes?

Ciao Bella!
Credits: All images taken by Eden Hensley Silverstein for The Road to the Good Life.
Details to Love is a monthly series, published on the second Monday of each month. Posts from April 2011 to December 2011 are available at A Timeless Affair - Life with a Vintage Touch.